South Hampton Celebrating Over 59 Years
Take a brief look through our company.
- 2014 - Announced PenHex Expansion to 11,000 B/D
- 2014 - New state of the art Control Room and Lab is built.
- 2013 - Added toll processing Para-xylene demonstration unit
- 2012 - Added toll processing Bio-jet demonstration unit 10,000 gallons/month
- 2012 - Added tankage and five pipelines to Rail Rack to add efficiency to logistics
- 2010 - New Isomerization Unit adds flexibility to convert Normal Pentane into Isopentane
- 2008 - $18mm project to double PenHex capacity to 7,000 B/D
- 2007 - Expanded Rail Rack to 20 loading spots
- 2005 - Doubled white oils capacity
- 2005 - De-Bottlenecked PenHex Unit to 3,000 B/D - 100 employees
- 2000 - Added hydrogenation unit - aromatics
- 1999 - Added toll processing unit - aromatics fractionation
- 1998 - Expanded toll processing unit - white oils fractionation
- 1994 - De-bottlenecked PenHex Unit to 2,300 B/D
- 1988 - Produced LVT solvent for Conoco, world's first commercial Aromax™ Unit for Chevron
- 1987 - Shrco purchased by Arabian American Development Co.
- 1985 - Regrouped and started production of high purity C5's and C6's. 1,200 B/D capacity
- 1984 - Sold Vidor facility to Texas Eastern Transmission Co.
- 1982-1983 - Oil bust - 10 employees, no income
- 1975-1984 - Began operations through ship & barge docks, pipelines, and process equipment in Vidor, TX - 300 employees
- 1972-1982 - Arab Oil Embargo hits, Shrco refined crude oil, producing gasoline, diesel, & other commodity products
- 1963-1972 - Built world's first hydro-dealkylation unit in partnership with ARCO, and molecular sieve unit in partnership with UOP
- 1961 - M.A. "Red" Bomer bought the Company
- 1961 - Added specialty lines, pentanes, olefins, aromatics
- 1955 - John Breaker established South Hampton to reform 750 B/D of natural gasoline and produce leaded motor gasoline
New Control Room 2014
Control Room 2006
Control Panel 1971